In the 1970's, the various ski lift companies realized that is was necessary to create a single ski pass for skiing in the various areas of western Trentino. The slopes of Madonna di Campiglio and Folgarida-Marilleva were connected but each had different ski passes; in Pontedilegno Tonale it was necessary to buy 4 ski passes to be able to ski in the whole area, and the same went for the Andalo and Folgaria ski resorts.
These were the first ski resorts that decided to solve the issue by offering one-day ski passes valid also in the neighbouring ski areas and in the western Trentino. In 1993, following a positive economic trend, skiing in Italy suddenly became very convenient on foreign markets and our skiing facilities had to face with skiers used to ski in the best alpine resorts, with several hundred kilometres of slopes. So, towards the end of the 1990’s, following the agreement between the lift companies of Madonna di Campiglio, Pinzolo, Folgarida-Marilleva, Pejo, Tonale-Ponte di Legno and Monte Bondone, the SKIRAMA DOLOMITI adamello brenta Association was born; Andalo-Fai della Paganella (Skiarea Paganella) and Folgaria-Lavarone (Folgaria Ski) soon joined the Association. Now the Association has become a Consortium.
Nowadays, the ski passes issued in each ski resort are:
- LOCAL SKIPASS (valid only in the singol skiarea) hourly or ½ day, from 1 to 14 days and season passes;
- SUPERSKIRAMA SKIPASS (with free access to 150 lifts within the 8 ski resorts) from 1 to 14 days, annual and season passes;
- COMBI SKIPASS (valid only in the singol skiarea plus a few days Superskirama) from 1 to 14 days, annual and season passes;
- other possible combinations are described in the price lists of each single ski resort.
The annual SUPERSKIRAMA ski pass allows skiers to ski for 5 days on 1,150 kilometres of slopes in the Dolomiti Superski.
But the SKIRAMA DOLOMITI Consortium adamello brenta has no boundaries and offers to the holders of the annual SUPERSKIRAMA skipass the possibility to ski with a 50% discount in the 13 American locations of the VAIL RESORT group (www.vailresorts.com)
In addition to reaching their aim of managing the types of ski passes issued jointly, the Consortium also works in close contact with the various accommodation facilities and the Tourism Boards of each area, offering skiers the opportunity to choose among special offers that include both accommodation and ski passes. The Consortium also has a detailed promotional programme, participating in trade fairs and various workshops with Tour operators and Agencies.
The Consortium bodies comprise:
- The Assembly with one representative from each Lift Companies of the 8 Skirama resorts; usually the President or Managing Director of the Lift Companies.
- The Board of Directors, made up of a members presentative for each company/consortium and 2 members selected among the directors of the Tourism Boards of the areas in which the Companies/Consortiums are operating; the latter hold the role of President and Vice-President;
- The President;
- The Vicepresident;
Skirama in figures
With 150 lift facilities and 380 km of slopes, the SKIRAMA DOLOMITI adamello brenta is one of the most important ski carousels of the Alps, in Italy.
The SKIRAMA DOLOMITI ski resorts are: Madonna di Campiglio and Pinzolo in Val Rendena, Folgarida-Marilleva, Pejo and Pontedilegno - Tonale in Val di Sole, Andalo-Fai della Paganella, Monte Bondone and Folgaria-Lavarone-Luserna.
The SKIRAMA DOLOMITI adamello brenta offers the possibility to ski from November to April, thanks to the high altitude of the slopes (up to 2,500 m a.s.l. at Madonna di Campiglio and up to 3,000 m a.s.l. Presena glacier) and to the excellent snowmaking systems, covering 90% of the slopes.
Lifts and slopes of each ski area:
|VAL RENDENA||Lift facilities||Km OF slopes||Artificial snow||Hourly capacity|
|Madonna di Campiglio||20||60||95%||34.500|
|VAL DI SOLE||Lift facilities||Km of slopes||Artificial snow||Hourly capacity|
|Folgarida – Marilleva||25||60||90%||37.000|
|Tonale – Ponte di Legno||28||104||100%||44.000|
|VALLI DELL’ADIGE||Lift facilities||Km OF slopes||Artificial snow||Hourly capacity|
|Andalo – Fai della Paganella||14||37||95%||27.000|
|Folgaria – Lavarone||34||104||100%||48.700|